Public Use of College Facilities
The policy of the Board is to make the college facilities available for community use. In case of a conflict, the uses of the facilities by college groups have preference over uses by outside groups. The use of facilities for private promotion or to promote drives may be denied. Requests from political groups must receive Board approval. Permits for use are subject to willingness of parties to be governed by college rules and regulations and to care for all property as presented. Groups are responsible for payment for damage. Depending on the circumstance, number of people, or event, some groups will be required to show proof of insurance for injuries or damages that may occur.
I. Rodeo Facilities
A. Charges for use
1. Agricultural Activities Center $20 per hour if admission or entry fee is collected - $15 per hour if no admission or entry fee is collected.
2. Huffman Arena - $20 per hour if admission or entry fee is collected - $15 per hour if no admission or entry fee is collected.
3. Horse Barns - $5 per animal per day
4. The user of the facility will be charged $25 per hour for a college employee to supervise the event.
B. A college employee must be on duty to supervise the use of the rodeo facility and to be available in case of an emergency during all hours of use.
1. Scheduling of the facility will be the responsibility of the Vice President of Finance and Operations with approval by the Athletic Director. The Vice President for Students and Enrollment Management will be consulted prior to approval if the facility is being used for a fundraising event.
2. All requests should be received at least two weeks in advance of the desired date of use, if possible. Any scheduled use will be recorded on the college master schedule following approval.
D. Only organized groups will be allowed to schedule the facility.
E. All users must agree to abide by the College operating procedures for the facility as presented with the facilities use form.
II. Other Facilities
1. Gymnasium - $35 per hour. Custodial and other services additional.
2. Auditorium - $35 per hour. Custodial and other services additional.
3. Stanion Field - $35 per game/ $60 per double header. Fees for tournaments will be negotiated between the sponsors and the Athletic Director.
4. Classroom, and similar facilities - $15 per hour. Custodial and other services additional.
5. Music practice rooms for private instruction will be charged by arrangement with the Vice President of Finance and Operations and the Music Department. These rooms will only be available during normal building operation hours.
6. Fees for the use of computer labs, shop areas or commons area space will be negotiated between the Vice President for Finance and Operations and the user. Costs will be determined on how these facilities will be used.
7. ITV studio (Room 2 or 4) - $40 per hour. Custodial and other services additional.
8. Satellite Broadcast - $40 per hour. Custodial and other services additional.
9. Satellite broadcast recorded but not viewed on campus -
$40 per hour
10. A college employee must be on duty to supervise the use of the facility and to be available in case of an emergency during all hours of use.
11. An additional charge of $25 per custodian hour will be made for setup and cleanup and for all other times when custodians are not normally on duty. There will be an additional charge for services other than setup and cleanup.
12. Charges for events extending over several consecutive days, or sponsored by profit-making organizations, or using several different college facilities may be negotiated individually by the college administration.
13. Depending on the purposes for which the facilities will be used, the administration is authorized to waive part or all fees in the following cases for:
a. Affiliated organizations such as the Alumni Association, Booster Club, Foundation and Friends of the Arts.
b. Other taxing entities or governmental offices, e.g., USDs, Parks and Wildlife, city government, county, etc. Agreements on the reciprocal use of facilities will be considered.
c. Selected nonprofit community groups, e.g., Boy Scouts, Children's Theater, 4-H clubs, County Fair Association, etc.
d. Organized groups/individuals in exchange for goods and services which might otherwise be purchased by the college.
e. Publicity purposes as to further the community relations/services missions of the college.
1. Approving and scheduling of any facility will be the responsibility of the Vice President of Finance and Operations with approval of primary users of the Art Gallery, Auditorium, and Gymnasium. The Vice President for Students and Enrollment Management will be consulted prior to approval if the facility is being used for a fundraising event.
2. When possible, requests should be received at least two weeks in advance of the desired date of use. Any scheduled use will be recorded on the college master calendar.
C. Depending on the event and number of people, some groups that request to use the facility will be required to provide proof of adequate liability insurance coverage.
D. Cost of any damages to facilities during period the facilities are in use will be reimbursed to the college by the user.
III. Food and Concessions
A. Food Services.
Pratt Community College contracts for all of its food services from an outside source. Contract provisions stipulate that all food and beverage services on college premises, to include outdoor areas, will be provided by the food services contractor unless specifically waived by the contractor and the college administration, i.e., Vice President for Finance and Operations. This provision also applies to snack bar and food concessions. The college may also contract to use a specified soft drink brand on its premises. This particular provision cannot be waived.
B. Snack Bar and Food Concessions.
In situations when the contractor and college administration waives its requirements to provide snack bar or food concessions, the college will be compensated at the rate of 12 percent of the gross sales less Kansas sales tax. No exceptions to this policy will be considered.
C. Other Concessions and Sales.
Groups/organizations providing other concessions and sales on college premises to include outdoor areas are subject to facilities use and custodial charges in accordance with the provisions of Section II above. Use of space in commons areas are subject to the $15.00 per hour room charge.
IV. Use of College Facilities by Employees
College employees may use the college facilities for personal use (except weight room, Stanion Field, rodeo facilities, recreation room, and gymnasium) at no charge from 8:00 a.m. Monday through 5:00 p.m. Friday. From 5:00 p.m. on Friday to 8:00 a.m. on Monday employees may use the same facilities at one-half the regularly charged price. Custodial fees will not be charged if the facilities are cleaned after use.
X This replaces policy dated Apr-04-2006, 6-18-01